- synonyms: dzvinya, gamha, nzwa, ona, tora, ziva, zivurura
- variant: hwisisa
- dialects/origins: Standard Shona
- English translation
- 1. To receive from a word or collocation of words or from a sign the idea it is intended to convey: with the thing said, the person speaking, or the language as the direct object of the verb.
2. To interpret the signification of; seize the idea of; comprehend as resulting from a thought, principle, or ride; explain.
3. To receive information about; learn by paying heed to what is said and done; consider.
4. To know in substance, as a fact or saying; be acquainted with; recognize.
5. To take as meant or implied; imply; infer; assume; take for granted: chiefly in the past participle.
6. To recognize as implied or meant, although not expressed; supply mentally, as a word necessary to bring out the sense of an author.
|Ndicha nzwisisa||I will understand|
|ucha nzwisisa||you will understand (singular)|
|mucha nzwisisa||you will understand (plural)|
|acha nzwisisa||he/she will understand|
|ticha nzwisisa||we will understand|
|vacha nzwisisa||they will understand|
|chicha nzwisisa||it will understand|
last updated: Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 10:29:19 PM Central European Summer Time
Shona word of the day
Kuramba nyama ye chidembo hunge uine ye tsuro.