- noun , class(1a)
- synonyms: babamudiki, babamukuru, bambo, dhedhi, mudhara, sazawani, tate, tezvara, tsano
- dialects/origins: Karanga, Korekore, Manyika, Zezuru
- English translation
- He who begets a child; the nearest male ancestor: a male parent: so called in relation to the child.
- A male ancestor more remote than a parent; a lineal male ancestor, especially the first ancestor; the progenitor or founder of a race, family, or line.
- One who through marriage or adoption occupies the position of a male parent; a father in- law; a stepfather.
- One who exercises paternal care over another ; a fatherly protector or provider.
- The Supreme Being.- Mwari.
- The eldest member of any profession, or of any body.
|baba ava||this father|
|baba avo||that father|
|baba vangu||my father|
|baba vako||your father (singular)|
|baba venyu||your father (plural)|
|baba vake||his/her father|
|baba vedu||our father|
|baba vacho||its father|
|baba vavo||their father|
last updated: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 9:45:05 PM Central European Standard Time
Shona word of the day
Ndambakuudzwa aka onekwa ne mbonje pa huma.