- noun , class(1a)
- synonyms: babamudiki, babamukuru, bambo, dhedhi, mudhara, sazawani, tate, tezvara, tsano
- dialects/origins: Karanga, Korekore, Manyika, Zezuru
- 1. He who begets a child; the nearest male ancestor: a male parent: so called in relation to the child.
2. A male ancestor more remote than a parent; a lineal male ancestor, especially the first ancestor; the progenitor or founder of a race, family, or line.
3. One who through marriage or adoption occupies the position of a male parent; a father in- law; a stepfather.
4. One who exercises paternal care over another ; a fatherly protector or provider.
5. The Supreme Being.
6. The eldest member of any profession, or of any body.
- English translation
last updated: Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 3:18:02 PM GMT-05:00