- synonyms: dengedza, dzosa, fefedza, fufudza, fukusa, ita, kurunga, mona, nyandudza, nyengera, nyengetedza, punyaira, rima, runzira; furiridza, sevenza, shandisa, shingaira, shupa, sika, suduruka, tungamira, tyaira, vhenganisa, virutsa
- dialects/origins: Standard Shona
- English translation
- 1. To put forth effort for the accomplishment of something; exert one's self in the performance of some service; labour; toil; strive.
2. To act; operate; carry on or perform a function; operate effectively; prove practicable.
4. To be agitated or in a state of restless movement or commotion; seethe; toss; rage.
5. To make way laboriously and slowly; make progress, become, or get with exertion aud difficulty: generally followed by an adjective, or by an adverb of direction.
6. To carry on systematic operations in some department of human activity, especially as a means of earning a livelihood; be regularly engaged or employed in some operation, trade, profession, or business.
|Ndicha shanda||I will work|
|ucha shanda||you will work (singular)|
|mucha shanda||you will work (plural)|
|acha shanda||he/she will work|
|ticha shanda||we will work|
|vacha shanda||they will work|
|chicha shanda||it will work|
last updated: Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 10:29:19 PM Central European Summer Time
Shona word of the day
Kurayira kuno da pwere mukuru ndi mambo.