- noun , class(3)
- dialects/origins: Karanga, Manyika, Zezuru
- English translation
- Whatever is produced for the nourishment or enjoyment of man or animals by the processes of vegetable growth, as corn, grass, cotton, flax, etc.; – commonly used in the plural.
- The pulpy, edible seed vessels of certain plants, especially those grown on branches above ground, as apples, oranges, grapes, melons, berries, etc.
- The ripened ovary of a flowering plant, with its contents and whatever parts are consolidated with it.
- The spore cases or conceptacles of flowerless plants, as of ferns, mosses, algae, etc., with the spores contained in them.
- The produce of animals; offspring; young; as, the fruit of the womb, of the loins, of the body.
- That which is produced; the effect or consequence of any action; advantageous or desirable product or result; disadvantageous or evil consequence or effect; as, the fruits of labor, of self-denial, of intemperance.
|muchero uwu||this fruit|
|muchero uwo||that fruit|
|muchero wangu||my fruit|
|muchero wako||your fruit (singular)|
|muchero wenyu||your fruit (plural)|
|muchero wake||his/her fruit|
|muchero wedu||our fruit|
|muchero wacho||its fruit|
|muchero wavo||their fruit|
last updated: Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 3:56:53 AM Central European Summer Time
Shona word of the day
Kurayira kuno da pwere mukuru ndi mambo.