- The visible heat, or light, evolved by the action of a high temperature on certain bodies, which are in consequence styled inflammable or combustible; combustion, or the heat and light evolved during the process of combustion.
- Fuel in a state of combustion, as on a hearth or the ground, or in a grate, stove, or furnace; a burning mass of material lighted for the sake of warmth or for the utilization of the heat or light from it.
- The burning of any large collection of material, as a building, town, forest, etc.
- A Spark or sparks; specifically, a spark, as from red-hot iron, or from flint or other stones when struck.
- Flashing light; vivid luster; splendor.
- A sensation of internal heat arising from either a physical or a mental cause; an inflammatory process or effect.
- Ardor; burning desire; passionate love for something.
- Consuming violence, as of temper; fierceness; vehemence.
- Liveliness of imagination; vigor of fancy; force of sentiment or expression; capacity for ardor and zeal; animation; vivacity.
- Subjection to evil effects of any kind; especially, overwhelming trouble; severe trial.
- English translation
last updated: Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 10:21:43 PM GMT-04:00
Shona word of the day
Kunakurirana nyoka mhenyu.